Welcome to Lux Bookkeeping
Lux Bookkeeping offers professional, accurate, and reliable bookkeeping services at an affordable price. Since 2006 I have been focused on helping California small businesses and the self-employed make sense of their finances using QuickBooks, from Intuit.
I am an avid supporter of the entrepreneurial lifestyle and know that bookkeeping and accounting can often be the missing piece. Let me help you manage your finances so that you can manage your business and guide yourself towards success.
What Lux Bookkeeping Does
My bookkeeping process will help you get organized:
- De-clutter your work area
- Sort, organize, and file your paperwork
- Set up or clean-up your QuickBooks file and chart of accounts
- Full-charge bookkeeping: Find and record your transactions, receipts, bills, and other financial data
- Reconcile each account to ensure accurate information
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support
- Budget creation and cash flow management
- Financial statements and customized reports
- Guide your business towards success, growth and profit
Learn more about my services.
I have helped many types of businesses, whether just starting out or already fully operational. Below is a list of the different industries I have had the opportunity to help over the years:
- Artists & Creative Fields
- Bakery & Patisserie
- eBay Sellers
- Fashion/Apparel Designers
- Fitness & Sports
- General Construction & Contractors
- Graphic & Web Designers
- Mail/Web Order
- Pet Services
- Property Managers
- Real Estate
- Recyclers (Environmental & Electronic)
- Restaurant & Food Services
- Software Engineering
Lux Bookkeeping’s Owner
My name is Melissa Sattenspiel and I am the owner of Lux Bookkeeping. I am thorough, dependable, and accurate. Bizarre as it may sound, I actually enjoy accounting and run my business with honesty and integrity, always keeping the best interest of my clients in mind.
I have been a public accountant and bookkeeper helping small businesses and the self-employed with their finances since 2001. I started using QuickBooks then as well, and am able to use all versions since. I use this knowledge to guide you toward full utilization of the program, leading to less waste, reduced expenses, and more time focused on your business. Used correctly, QuickBooks can be a tool to help you guide your business toward greater profitability each year.
I hope that Lux Bookkeeping will be a valuable partner to you and your small business.
My educational efforts have been focused on accounting and small business management, always coupled together. Because of this I have a unique perspective on bookkeeping with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Capable of typing in excess of 85 words per minute, 10-key by touch over 12,000 keys per hour.
- Fluent in PC and Mac software platforms using any current or older operating systems. Internet and social media knowledgeable.
- Software Knowledge (high fluency): Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop), Intuit QuickBooks (Basic, Pro, Premier, and Accountant/Specialty editions), Intuit Quicken and iBank from IGG.
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Experienced in mailroom tasks and mail carrier protocols including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL.
- Ability to use most office and ancillary machinery, specialty in copier machines, printers and scanners.
- Graphic design, typography, illustration and artistic abilities.
- Interior design, visual merchandising, hand drafting and computer aided drafting (CAD) abilities.
- Strong management and leadership abilities, with over 10 years hands on supervisory experience.
- 2006 – Year I founded Lux Bookkeeping
- 11.4 – MPH I can quad-skate a 200-foot lap
- 10 – Number of ingredients in my secret Awesome Alfredo
- 6.82 – Average hours I (mostly) sleeps each night
- 316 – Books in my home library
- 0.92 – Hours per week I spends on LuxB’s books
- 43 – Highest level of old school Tetris achieved
This business was started because of how small business owners are treated, like small potatoes! That is why I strive to offer the best to my entrepreneurial clients.
I strive to complete my work with the highest quality and value, while still maintaining quick turnaround times. It is my goal to help you get the most out of QuickBooks and your financial data so that your business can continue to grow year after year.
All client information I receive is treated with confidentiality and the utmost respect. Physical records that are taken off of any client’s premises are stored securely in a locked metal filing cabinet unless currently being worked on, or until returned.
Lux Bookkeeping utilizes the most secure and modern project communication tools and remote access services. All electronic records are on secure servers with high security passwords and firewall protection. I take my responsibility to keep your data safe seriously at all times.
My work is guaranteed and my clients are the SOLE judges of my performance.
If at any time you are unsatisfied with the quality of my work, please let me know. I will do everything possible to correct the situation and arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome.
Lux Bookkeeping History
Lux Bookkeeping was officially established in March of 2006. I started this business when I realized that many small businesses don’t have proper bookkeeping systems, and if they do, they are not utilizing the information that it produces to its fullest potential (if at all!). There is a need in the community for smart, committed bookkeepers and public accountants with a strong working knowledge of QuickBooks bookkeeping who are willing to help clients that do not require a full-time bookkeeper, but want full-charge services.
Many small business owners purchase Intuit QuickBooks to manage their finances because it promises to be an easy solution. However, they quickly discover that they need help getting the system set-up and organized correctly, and may even need help maintaining their bookkeeping because they do not have the staff or personal time commitment to dedicate to this task.
With this in mind, I started this business to help entrepreneurs in California properly manage their business’ books using QuickBooks. I have worked hard to maintain the best possible customer service from the very beginning, and because of this I have a very low client turnover rate.
Lux Bookkeeping looks forward to continued growth, letting my clients steer me towards success. I am excited to offer bookkeeping services to the California small business community and support the entrepreneurial and self-employed lifestyle.
Learn more about my services.